Thursday, May 8, 2008

hope and falsity

Yeah, yeah I know this blog’s been collecting dust. I seriously don’t know what to post… there are a lot of things going on at the moment but everything is just all over the place, you know? It’s hard to pick one event or topic and blog about it. You probably don’t even know what I’m on about. I don’t know I’m on about either. Let’s all take a moment to breathe in all this confusion.

All right. Start over.

So, I’m looking for a new job. I’m sure most of you would know that by now – I have bitched about work quite a lot over the past couple of weeks. For those who don’t, it’s basically OH&S and management issues. I’m now officially on the lookout for a junior designer position preferably in a design studio. Here comes paycut…*sob*

Oh that’s right, today is our (Gav and I that is) second year anniversary! And since we’re both flat broke we’ll celebrate it like how we did last year, a simple dinner at the Timeout Café in Federation Square. That’s where we first met up for coffee. Service’s crap as hell as I discussed earlier at lunch with a few colleagues…their Fat Chips is to die for though. I should also mention that I’m not calling them ‘fat’ intentionally, that’s actually the name of them chips. Thought I should put that out there. I don’t judge chips by their thickness and I sure don’t want a row of skinny French Fries hounding me for discriminating against skinny chips.

Anyway, randomness aside I’ve been working on my submission for the Desktop Magazine July Cover Competition. This is the first time I’ve played around and experimented with Photoshop after Shillington so…while what I’ve came up with may seem a bit abstract, I had quite a lot of fun (and stress) working on it. I’m fairly happy with it at this stage. Will be submitting tonight…then onwards to my portfolio for the job-hunt.

…and just like that I ran out of things to say. Well that’s me today, I’ll post again when things change. Hopefully it’ll be good news next time.

No comments: