Sunday, May 25, 2008

what could we have done

We're not the same, dear
And it seems to be
There's nowhere we can go
With nothing underneath

And it saddens me to say
What we both knew was true
That the ice was getting thinner
Under me and you

Death Cab for Cutie - The Ice is Getting Thinner

Life is a bitch. This is one of those moments where I lose faith in justice and to some degree, the existence of a higher divinity. 

Why would you let something like this happen? Why the fuck did you not do anything back then, too? What lesson is to be learnt in all of this? That if your life happens to take a downturn and is heading for the shits, then bad luck cos that's all there is to it? And what the fuck happened to the so called friendship and compassion? I am really starting to lose all hope in humanity.

Why her and not someone else? Or god forbid, why not me instead? What's so different between us?

At the end of the day there's nothing that either of us could do. 

But like what she said, I miss the past but I can't help but to try and look forward to future...

And it saddens me to say
What we both knew was true...