Friday, February 8, 2008

a comparison

Most of you should know that I've been suffering from insomnia lately...(ok fine I wouldn't say suffering as it's partially my fault that I can't sleep). My point is, I've been reading bits and pieces of my old blog . And I find it quite appalling, really. Dark, disturbing findings that will probably haunt me for the next couple of days. 

Ok, so here it is...back then I was such a... happy person! 
So bright, so naive, so excited about every single day and every random chatter that took place. So forgiving, so understanding and I dare-say - so compassionate about...er...human beings in general. Give me rain and I'll come back with an overblown rainbow filled with glitter and sparkles with purple leprechauns and pots of gold on both ends, then I'll invite you to come in and shield yourself from the rain and offer you a hot cuppa and home-baked cookies. Ok, you get the idea. And yes this is disturbing.

Heh, I don't even want to imagine (neither would you really) what sort of thoughts will be running through my mind if that were to happen these days. Especially on days when I cannot afford for things to go amok. 
Be-warned idiots; Just because I haven't done anything so far, it doesn't mean I haven't thought about it yet. Ahem. And back to the point...

Right. I've turned into a bitter cynic, no questions there. Why? Well that should be obvious too given the things that you go through in life. You may find better (and more productive) ways to sort out your problems - but this is how I deal with mine. And it works a treat thus far. Still, I guess it's a little sad to look back and find that you've changed so much from the person you used to be. "Whatever happened to that girl?" some would ask. 
My favourite reasoning: Reality ate her.

1 comment:

wibowo said...

uhui, eh tin bandingkan poto harbour bridge si Gavin di gavintan.com dan ini

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psychovivaldi/1428666607/

hahahaha gila ga tuh